**If you are interested in renting a viola or cello please call first to check on size availability.
Purchase Credit: Credit toward purchase of an instrument is accrued monthly and 70% of all rental payments value can be applied toward the purchase of an instrument. We do not sell our rental units, so the customer only has the option of applying the rental credit towards a NEW instrument.
Here are some guidelines:
- at the time of purchase, 70% of all previously paid rent, excluding tax, can be applied to the purchase of an instrument
- we do not sell the rental instruments
- if the 70% rental credit exceeds the retail value of the purchased instrument, the remaining credit is retained by The Violin & Fiddle Shop and cannot be used by the buyer as store credit
- rental credit of two or more instruments can be combined
- if a rental is returned and no use of the credit is made WITHIN ONE YEAR, then the credit is forfeited.
- Minimum purchase prices with use of credit are: $600 for violin, $700 for viola, and $1600 for cello.
The Violin and Fiddle Shop Rentals - we offer quality student rental violins, violas, and cellos (Eastman and Scott Cao) for either violin or fiddle playing. Our rental outfits are professionally set up and ready to play, and come as an outfit with a case, bow, shoulder rest, and rosin. The rental prices below are for one month and include sales tax, maintenance fees, and accidental damage insurance (does not cover loss or theft). We also offer violins for sale.
Rent-to-own: Basically, once you begin renting, you have started to invest in the purchase of a new instrument if you decide to buy after renting; so in effect you are renting to own. Also, once you make a purchase you can finance the instrument and remain on the automatic billing plan. Your payments will be charged automatically on a monthly basis until the instrument is paid for.
Mia of Morrisville, NC trying out a Scotti for rental
There is a one month minimum rental period.We require automatic payment setup using a credit or debit card. Purchase Credit: Credit toward purchase of an instrument is accrued monthly and 70% of all rental payments value can be applied toward the purchase of an instrument. We do not sell our rental units, so the customer only has the option of applying the rental credit towards a NEW instrument. Minimum purchase prices with use of credit are: $600 for violin, $670 for viola, and $1600 for cello.
- Children with fractional size instruments may be ready to go up to the next size within a short time period of purchasing, so renting often makes better sense.
- Renting allows a trial period for the player to determine if the violin, viola, or cello is the right instrument for him or her
- Our policy includes accidental damage insurance and maintenance, so there is little risk involved. All that's required is a valid credit or debit card.
- 70% of rent payments can be used as credit towards a purchase, so if you do buy you wont be "throwing your money away"
- Our rentals are well-respected brands that are preferred by instructors and teachers. They are professionally set up in our shop with quality bridge and strings to standard specifications for orchestral stringed instruments. So, you are starting out with an instrument that will enhance instead of inhibit the learning experience
- HASSLE FREE: no contract, no minimum rental period requirements, no deposit required, no hidden costs or fees
JUNE 12 - JULY 5